isocket makes advertising suck less.
isocket builds web apps and the underlying pipes & platforms to make online ad sales easier. 70% of the money in online advertising is still bought and sold by hand, over cocktails, and through email and fax machines. Almost all of the technology and ad companies you've heard of deal with remnant "Class 2" ads - the equivalent of teeth whitening ads you see on the last page of a magazine.
isocket is changing the way premium inventory is bought and sold on a direct basis. Through our partnerships with Google/DFP and other ad servers, we have completely streamlined the process of executing direct sales orders. 1500 premium publishers now use Isocket to help increase their direct sales. And this is why isocket can help buyers source truly premium, Class 1 inventory-- the same inventory that's reserved for the sales team, and ahead of RTB and private exchanges. No other ad tech company can say this.
Publishers and buyers love isocket because we've turned the laborious, time consuming process of creating and then executing a traditional media plan into a 5 minute process without credit apps, IO's, manual trafficking and human error. And it's the same inventory that they would get by calling a publisher and doing a traditional IO deal. We've just made the process ridiculously simple. Publishers can approve and accept a direct order with one click, with no paperwork and no ad tags.
The job: As a marketplace, isocket has demand and supply. Your job is to go and get all the right supply (publishers) and shepard them into our market.
As isocket is growing and building a formal sales team, half of our sales efforts focused on the supply side. Advertisers want to spend money this way, and you're job is to make sure 1) the right inventory is there to buy and 2) publishers love isocket.
In this role you will help premium publishers adopt and use the isocket platform to help increase their direct sales. This is not a typical publisher sales role, and the successful candidate will not be a typical publisher development person (although experience selling ad tech to publishers is a plus.) We're literally doing something that hasn't been done before, and while publishers love us, they need help figuring out how to incorporate isocket into their existing processes.
Your job will be to understand the right kind of publishers to target for isocket, to go and contact them, to take them through the sales process, close the publisher, and transition them into the product and hand over to account managers where possible/appropriate. You'll be calling on folks ranging from NBC and Disney to Gawker and Business Insider.
To be successful in this role...
In short, you are someone our all star leadership team is comfortable going to battle with, and a valuable voice at the table in a company that is literally changing the way media is bought and sold.
- You have an existing network of publishers and/or advertisers that are relevant to isocket.
- Experienced as one of isocket's target customers. For example, you've been a marketer, a media planner at an agency, an ad ops or ad sales person at a publisher, etc.
- You are tech savvy, industry savvy, and are comfortable with C-level conversations. You will be exposed to publisher CEO's on day one.
- You also need to be scrappy and be willing to work hard to make magic happen. This is an early stage startup and we don't have any use for empty suits.
- You must be ready to work in a startup environment. This isn't for everybody. The market opportunity for Isocket is larger than the entire existing Luma chart. 70% of digital spend is currently transacted between agencies/ advertisers and publishers directly, with paper contracts, fax machines, and manual data entry. This is the biggest opportunity in ad tech, and we don't have room for anyone who isn't willing to work hard to help us maintain and extend our substantial lead in this category that we have created.
- You will be a critical member of our leadership team, working side by side with leaders from Yahoo, AOL, Google, Overture, Rubicon Project, AdMeld and more. You will also have exposure to our investors and board, which include the most influential and successful investors and entrepreneurs in tech.
- You are a needle in a haystack and can write your own ticket in this industry.
- You are smart and talented enough to start or run your own company, and you have an intelligent point of view that other leaders of the industry respect.
- You are product minded, understand technology, and are naturally curious and skeptical of doing what has been done before without questioning it. You understand concepts like "programmatic," and you also understand why today's early programmatic products have fallen short of the larger opportunity.
- You're someone who understands that customers don't always ask for what they really need, and you also believe in building for scale. "People don't buy the shovel, they buy the hole" is something you believe in.
What we offer you
Working at a growing technology startup is a unique choice, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. It can be very challenging, but comes with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn it. What we bring to the table is just as important as what you bring:
- We know everyone says it, but at isocket you will absolutely make a difference. Our company is a handful of people, and we’ll remain a small but powerful team.
- The room and tools you need to create and succeed.
- The chance to work on truly game-changing products.
- You’re getting in on the ground floor of an already growing project.
- Be a part of the team many consider to already be the best early stage team in the industry.
- You will learn something and grow every day - from deep experience in a growing, VC-backed startup to friends and connections that will last. Learn from some of the best people in the business.
- Competitive or better stock options and benefits, including full health coverage, dental and vision.
This is a full time role in either our Burlingame (near San Francisco) or NYC based offices. Burlingame, CA is our Headquarters and where all product development lies. Located just 30 yards from the Burlingame Caltrain station and downtown Burlingame, it's a perfect location for anyone in the bay area. Free parking on our roof. 30 foot ceilings, great windows and light, etc make for a cool place to work.
New York City is our east coast HQ and primarily focused on sales, marketing, and account management.
isocket - 15 months ago