Publishing Financial Analyst-13001675
American Express Publishing Corporation is an authoritative content company primed to deliver lifestyle expertise that informs choices, enriches perspectives, and empowers affluent and accomplished people - and the businesses that serve them - to make decisions and lead extraordinary lives. Through the lens of five multi-media brands — Travel + Leisure, Food & Wine, Departures, Executive Travel and Black Ink —content is available in magazines, websites, international editions, custom publications, consumer and business-to-business events, affinity clubs, books, products, and services.
This job exists to support the financial analysis and monthly financial closing of the Clubs programs. This entails maintaining an invoice log for the purpose of accurate expense tracking, preparing journal entries for approval by the planning manager that meet or exceed our compliance objectives and supplying accurate and insightful variance analyses.
The key responsibilities include;
- Maintaining the invoice log
- Preparing journal entries for approval of Planning Manager
- Supporting forecast and budget process as well as the Planning Manager’s analyses.
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or like concentration
- Applicable internship experience required or 1-3 years of professional experience preferred
- Adapts easily and quickly to technology
- Accounting and general leger experience is a plus
- Publishing or Media experience is a plus
- Analytic and oriented toward providing excellent internal client service
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Experience with reporting tools, including Oracle and TM1, preferred
- Strong communication skills a must
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
American Express - 11 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...