Dartmouth Journal Services (DJS) provides editorial, composition, and online deliverables creation services to the scholarly scientific, technical and medical (STM) journal community. We’re looking for a publishing technology support specialist to join our team. The person who fills this position will have primary responsibility for supporting our new production management system including training end users, creating and maintaining end user documentation, working with development staff to refine automated workflows and providing ongoing technical support. Previous experience in an STM publishing environment and knowledge of XML is a plus.
1. Provide technical support to DJS customers and staff
· Support all internal and external users of DJS publishing applications, tools and technologies, including custom-developed and off-the-shelf applications.
· Lead or assist troubleshooting efforts, escalating issues as appropriate and completing help desk tickets.
· Setup, test and provide demonstrations and training sessions.
· Create and maintain technical as well as end-user documentation for all systems and customizations.
2. Assist in the development and maintenance of applications, tools and technologies.
· Work cooperatively with the DJS technology development team to develop, enhance, and administer off-the-shelf and custom technology solutions.
· Lead/assist in the transition of new customers, including database setup, workflow design/configuration, tools configuration and customization, testing and rollout.
· Setup, test, and troubleshoot existing customer accounts.
· Interface with DJS technology partners and software providers to troubleshoot, maintain, and support the technology systems.
3. Act as a liaison between DJS Account Managers/Sales Reps and DJS operations personnel
· Operate as an advocate for customers in employing DJS technologies.
· Work proactively to ensure a smooth digital process is in place for all customers.
· Reapply best practices across customers.
· Assist in resolving workflow difficulties with DJS staff and customers.
4. Review and recommend new technologies
· Maintain working knowledge of evolving technologies for use in DJS publishing workflows.
· Provide advice to DJS staff in areas of workflow improvement.
5. Perform all tasks as defined by Supervisors while adhering to our Purpose and Values
· Act with integrity and build trust with others.
· Demonstrate sound business and professional ethics.
· Show consistency of principles, values, and behavior.
To apply visit www.sheridan.com/careers or e-mail your cover letter and resume as one MS Word or Adobe PDF attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org , please list "Technical Support Specialist" in the subject line of your e-mail.
According to The Sheridan Group, it's printing that is mightier than the sword. Through its six specialized printing businesses, The...