Wilcox Farms, located in Washington, Oregon, and Montana, is a family-owned, award winning, organic and cage-free egg company that produces high quality, incredibly fresh eggs all across the Pacific Northwest. We believe in the principles of humane farm animal care, and are leading the way to becoming 100% cage-free. We employ great people who are motivated to work hard and get rewarded with great pay and full benefits (medical, dental, retirement, time off) for employees and their families!
We are currently seeking exceptional candidates for our Pullets Supervisor position. This position is responsible managing 5 Pullet barns and approximately 150,000-250,000 pullets ranging in age from 1-day to 16-20 weeks. This position also oversees the movement of pullets from the Pullet House to the Laying House.
1. Responsible for all aspects of Pullet raising, including feed, water, vaccination, and ventilation of house.
2. Manages a crew of 7-10 employees including hiring, employee development, scheduling, etc.
3. Schedules building and machine repair and maintenance.
4. Maintains part inventory and orders supplies as needed.
5. Assists the poultry production manager with budgets and planning, as well as coordinating delivery of chicks, bird moving, vaccinations, similar functions.
6. Responsible for training of pullets (i.e. train to go into houses at night, lay eggs in nest boxes vs. floor).
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Prior experience with poultry or animal husbandry.
• At least 2-3 years management or supervisory experience.
• The ability to handle multiple priorities and effectively prioritize tasks and projects.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English. Bilingual skills a plus.
• Strong interpersonal, planning, organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills required.
• Solid PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and internet experience.
• Mechanical aptitude or willingness to learn basic mechanical skills a plus.
Wilcox Farms is committed to the long-term preservation of the family business, with a particular sensitivity to protecting the invaluable...