The Pulpmill Process Specialist is responsible for leading the frontline implementation of Lean Manufacturing and 6σ Principles in order to continuously improve environmental, health and safety, quality, cost, energy, and time based activities related to personnel, operations, and equipment associated with Pine and Hardwood Fiberlines or Chemical Recovery Areas.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide project leadership and act as subject matter expert on major Pulpmill process improvements
• Identify and evaluate the feasibility of new technological developments and best practices.
• Utilize Lean Manufacturing and 6 σ Principles, while performing Pulpmill improvement project work as stand-alone projects or leading Kaizen teams
• Capture organizational learnings, process changes, improvements, and enhancements in existing and new ISO 9001 and 14001 standard operating procedures.
• Network with external pulp and paper-making professionals and benchmark other manufacturing facilities.
• Lead safety and compliance efforts within the Pulpmill.
• Assist Pulp Division leadership with establishing and maintaining operational and training protocol for the Pine and Hardwood Fiberlines and/or Chemical Recovery Areas.
• Assume other duties as assigned
• Qualifications –
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions
- Ability to interpret technical instructions in verbal, mathematical, or diagram form.
- Strong planning capabilities and the skills to analyze and interpret data to make sound recommendations
- Strong customer focus (internally & externally)
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Demonstrates initiative and adaptability
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time and resource management skills
- MS Word, Excel, and Outlook experience required
• Education – Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Paper Science. Five to ten years of experience in a pulp and paper manufacturing or product development preferred. Lean Manufacturing certification and 6 σ Green Belt certification preferred.
Glatfelter - 2 years ago
P. H. Glatfelter Company (Glatfelter) is a manufacturer of specialty papers and fiber-based engineered products. It manufactures a range of...