Sunbelt Rentals, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ashtead Group plc, is one of the largest equipment rental companies in the U.S. Based in Fort Mill, S.C., we serve the needs of a wide variety of customers – from commercial, residential, municipal and specialized service industries to weekend do-it-yourselfers. With a large network of locations in 34 states and the District of Columbia, we deliver the equipment you need and provide a superior level of customer service.
At Sunbelt Rentals we aspire to be the best player in the industry, not the biggest.
The Pump & Power Profit Center Manager I (PCM I) has overall accountability for the financial, operational, and customer service performance of a Pump & Power Profit Center(s) (PC) with a combined fleet size over $9M. Maximizes the profitability of the PC by making sure that it runs efficiently and effectively through the management of sales, controllable expenses, inventory levels, PC staff, store safety and appearance, according to Sunbelt policies.
Pump & Power Services is a Specialty Business within Sunbelt Rentals offering Large Pumps, Generators, Air Compressors, Trench Shoring, Temperature Control Equipment and Desiccant Dehumidifiers to Specialty Contractors, often including the setup and management of projects in a contractor-like capacity. The services provided by this business include after hours response which requires frequent work outside of regularly scheduled hours.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to achievement of Sunbelt’s objectives by managing the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the unit in accordance with the operating goals established.
- Manages sales and expenses by presenting a clear business plan at the beginning of each month to staff in order to maximize marketing and selling efforts; assesses, modifies (if needed) and approves the sales plan weekly and ensures it is carried out appropriately; reviews all contracts raised (i.e. creations, amendments, suspensions and terminations) daily; reviews debt collection efforts (calls and/or visits made) daily
- Fosters the sales effort by participating in sales calls and customer visits with OSRs and weekly sales meetings
- Holds weekly sales meetings
- Holds effective Profit Center Meetings
- Manages inventory by assessing the need to purchase/dispose/replace equipment through staff, customer, supplier salesman and marketing product manager feedback (to maintain PC stock/inventory); ensures appropriate staff are aware of slow moving equipment in order to sell/market more popular equipment or bring attention to the selling/marketing of slower moving equipment (to increase turnover); ensures appropriate staff are aware of equipment unavailable for rent so that it does not leave the store in error
- Manages all staff in the Profit Center (typically more than 20 employees) including interviewing, hiring, and training; plans, assigns, schedules and directs work; appraises performance including rewarding and disciplining employees; monitors employees through operational reporting and financial reporting for each function; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws; manages a sales force
- Manages projects undertaken at the Profit Center including engineered pumping systems, power generation systems, and all others that come up as part of the Specialty Business. Includes management of all labor and materials to maximize profitability and meet all customer and safety requirements
- Manages After Hours and Emergency Response efforts including local and regional responses as well as participation in national event response efforts
- Responsible for the direction and management of the outside sales team for development of specialty market segments targeted by Pump & Power business
- Oversees safety and compliance by ensuring all statutory requirements are met and adhered to (Sunbelt internal requirements, safety, Department of Transportation); inspects the Profit Center yard daily for safety and statutory requirements to ensure employee and customer safety; ensures the PC yard, facility, and staff are in a presentable state (this includes making sure that all employees are wearing clean, properly fitting company supplied uniforms); insures that safety standards are met on projects sites
- Performs daily/weekly company vehicle inspection SOS/DOS
- Addresses complaints and resolves problems to meet all Federal and Sunbelt regulations
- Prepares reporting as assigned
- May include management of multiple locations
- Fills in for open roles or tasks as needed to keep the PC running smoothly
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s license
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Over 7 years of Rental Industry experience that includes previous store/location management
- Sales Development
- Time management
- People Management
- Strong communication skills
- Working computer knowledge
- Solid financial knowledge
- Presentation Skills
- Project Management Experience
- Should be adequately inclined mechanically to comfortably support all product lines and insure that maintenance schedules and quality control standards are being met
- Should be technically and mathematically inclined to understand equipment specifications and design solutions for specific applications
- Long and Short Term Business Planning Skills and Experience are a plus
- On a daily basis, position requires working in a normal retail environment, job site, or yard area, or visiting customer site(s), where there are physical discomforts due to dust, dirt, noise, and the like.
- Must be physically able to work in a jobsite environment for extensive periods to include lifting up to 50lbs, bending, squatting, crouching, reaching
- Must be physically able to work in extreme conditions including heavy rain, wind or excessive temperatures
- Night / Weekend work required
- Limited travel required, 1-2 nights per month as required for training / project management
Sunbelt Rentals shines in the equipment rental business. A huge rental equipment company in the US, Sunbelt specializes in the rental and...