If applying for this position, a RESUME and COVER LETTER will be required summarizing directly related experience and interest in position. Incomplete materials will not be considered.
To expedite the application process, combine your cover letter and resume into one WORD or PDF document and upload when requested through the online application process.
In addition to a competitive salary range of low to mid $50,000's (based on qualifications, skills and abilities), Chelan PUD employees also enjoy outstanding benefits which include the option of a zero cost medical plan (medical, dental and vision for all eligible dependents), short and long-term disability, Washington State Public Employee's Retirement System, Deferred Compensation (with company matching funds up to 5%), 11 holidays and initial personal leave accrual at 21 days per year.
Under general supervision, procure District operational services, materials, equipment, tools, parts, and supplies. Provide purchasing user support and training to individuals and groups. Act as an Agent for the District, to obtain materials, goods, and services in a cost-effective manner and in compliance with applicable laws, District policies and contract terms. Evaluate purchasing processes and recommend improvements intended to meet customer requirements and gain overall efficiencies. Expedite purchases to ensure timely deliveries.
JOB FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job satisfactorily. Essential functions (EF) are those activities that, if not performed, would significantly and fundamentally alter the position. Secondary functions (SF) are activities not fundamental to the job and may need to be relaxed to accommodate an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability.
1. EF 10% Perform supplier evaluations and audits. Develop and monitor short term material stock item contracts in support of warehouse operations. Analyze shipping costs and delivery performance. Identify improvements intended to reduce District costs, improve or maintain delivery performance, or achieve other process improvement goals.
2. EF 50% Procure “off-the-shelf” and made-to-order goods and services. Solicit quotes, analyze prices, discounts, deliveries, review terms and conditions, obtain necessary approvals, and authorize purchase orders. Review requests, verify compliance and process purchase requisitions and purchase orders. Develop supply chain system queries, run reports. Resolve quantity, price and order accuracy issues. Issue change orders as required. Expedite delivery of goods as needed to meet District business goals.
3. EF 20% Coordinate and administer internal redeployment, resale or disposal of surplus materials and equipment. Administer on-line auctions, competitive bids, or other disposal activities, ensuring compliance with District policies and maximize value to the District. Coordinate with District staff, foremen, managers and customers to expedite the sale or disposal of surplus items. Maintain surplus records and provide reports to management.
4. EF 10% Perform supply chain software training and support to customers. Provide timely front line support for employee supply chain questions. Escalate complex technical inquiries, as needed. Perform Maximo testing associated with upgrades or customizations. Develop and maintain procedures, manuals, training and reference materials and conduct employee training on the Maximo Purchasing Application. Assist in the development, maintenance and implementation of purchasing and operational procedures. Assist in training District staff, contractors or vendors on purchasing processes and tools. Review purchasing user security requests for proper delegation of authority. Maintain delegation of authority log and transmit requests to IT for action.
5. EF 10% Provide general customer service to PCS customers. Communicate with a variety of employees, contractors and suppliers, state agencies, and the public to meet departmental goals and objectives.
6. EF Ongoing Perform backup purchasing and contracting activities as needed.
7. EF Ongoing Manage relationships with District suppliers to maintain an open, fair, positive, and impartial environment for all District procurement transactions. Look for improvements in daily activities or purchasing processes to achieve purchasing goals.
8. EF Ongoing Maintain regular and predictable attendance. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required. Complete all required training. Maintain a working knowledge and comply with District safety procedures and specific safety requirements of this position, and those in accordance with applicable provisions of the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) and Washington Administrative Code (WAC).
QUALIFICATIONS: The qualifications listed below are representative of those required, but reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred. Completion of college courses related to Contract Administration, Purchasing or Supply Chain Management preferred. Preference given to applicants with Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (UPPCC) CPPM or CPPO certification, or Institute for Supply Chain Management (ISM) certification.
Typically requires two (2) years experience as a buyer or in a procurement related field, using automated purchasing software or systems. Candidates with purchasing, contract administration or legal compliance support background preferred.
Specific KSA's: A fully skilled incumbent will have the following specific knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Requires logical and conceptual thinking skills. Ability to work with customers and staff in a courteous, respectful and professional manner. Requires knowledge of efficient administrative procedures, ability to prioritize and organize tasks, elicit cooperation and coordinate efforts to accomplish tasks. Requires skill and accuracy in typing and use of ten-key calculator, and proficiency with Microsoft programs (Word, Excel and Outlook). Working knowledge of Maximo and PeopleSoft are preferred. Requires the ability to multi-task effectively prioritize to meet deadlines. Must take initiative, demonstrate flexibility, cooperation, accuracy and follow directions. Must work well independently in a high-level productive atmosphere and complete work in a timely manner. Requires ability to exercise judgment, confidentiality, and diplomacy in responding to all levels of management, District Commissioners, attorneys, employees and the public.
Candidates must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English.
Computers & Equipment: A fully skilled incumbent will have the ability to utilize the following software, hardware, or equipment:
To perform this job successfully, an individual is required to have knowledge of PeopleSoft Timekeeping/HR, PeopleSoft Financials, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Maximo Order Processing, bid processing database, and bid workflow software. Must be able to operate general office equipment such as computers, printers, scanning equipment, fax and copy machines and other District office equipment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stoop, knell, crouch, crawl or twist torso; talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and perform repetitive hand or arm motion. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; pull, push, or exert force. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. This should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Chelan PUD is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at all levels of the organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.