Prepares and awards routine and occasionally complex orders for supply and service acquisition using an assortment of supply chain management tools and systems.
- Prefer Bachelor's degree in Materials Management, or a related field.
- Must have three years of purchasing experience.
- Prefer experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and related supply chain technologies.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
- Prefer certification as a Certified Materials & Resource Professional (CMRP) from a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate communication, negotiation and analytical skills to interact with supplying vendors, customers and department team members.
- Must have a thorough understanding of purchasing, inventory control, contract, shipping, receiving, and accounts payable functions, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Must have necessary computer skills required to develop spreadsheets and maintain applicable software.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective organizational skills.
- Must be able to work effectively with others.
Parkland Health & Hospital System - 6 months ago