Logistics / Carrier Relations Manager
Since 1978, Broussard Logistics has been helping businesses by executing our vision: bring to market a solution to manage, control, and lower freight costs. Broussard Logistics, based in Houston, TX, is a leading non-asset based third party transportation service (3PL) provider to businesses throughout North America.
While Broussard began by delivering timely and accurate services to client companies who regularly ship freight, our vision of solving supply chain issues for clients fueled our growth. Our first and primary service was audit, payment and reporting of freight invoices. That’s important because that service gave us an immense amount of market intelligence and data about shipping in all modes of transportation, and all lanes across North America.
As the transportation industry progressed, we continued to develop relevant technology solutions. An early start and longevity in the industry has enabled us to develop an integrated approach that provides logistics business consulting and enhances the information technology (IT) effectiveness. Now we serve over 1,000 clients, through three primary divisions, in a variety of different industries. Our collective clientele gives us the leverage of nearly $1 billion in buying power, as well as second -to-none market intelligence. With that buying power Broussard clients gain access to negotiated discounts on all facets of shipping, freight, parcel and more. Broussard clients are continually informed of leading-edge logistics technology and supply chain best practices that can help drive down to the bottom line.
Manage all phases and functions related to carrier relations, including but not limited to carrier RFP's, contract negotiations, rate increases and performance reporting.
- Act as a key project lead coordinating carrier (all modes) related activities among all departments
- Work with National A/E's in developing Freight Cost Analysis', Business Models and proposals for presentation to prospective clients
- Work directly with customers in establishing an efficient supply chain operation for their business
- Partner with the Director of Operations in coordinating a carrier network for each client that meets or exceeds their service and pricing requirements
- Ensure error free transition of carrier specifics from implementation to daily process management (operations)
- Continue to identify and build relationships with new carriers (transportation vendors)
- Negotiate & communicate all carriers pricing revisions (increases) to Broussard Logistic Operations Manager, operations staff and client specific National Account Executives
- Train, Coach and Mentor Carrier Relations staff
- Educate all associates on any new operational changes within the carrier network(s) and the transportation industry as a whole, as it relates to our client base
- Create and monitor a Carrier Performance Reporting process
- Work with sales and operations staff to assure 100% client loyalty/satisfaction
- Report to Executive Management on all issues related to the Broussard Logistics/Freight Cowboy Carrier Network
At least 5 years of experience in one of the following areas:
- Traffic or Logistics Manager
- LTL, Parcel or FTL carrier operations
- LTL, Parcel or FTL pricing analyst
- Transportation sales
College Degree preferred
Why Broussard Logistics:
For more information on Broussard Logistics or Freight Cowboy, please visit the following websites:
- Privately held, debt free company that was established in 1978
- Competitive Salary + Yearly Bonus Potential
- Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Opportunity for advancement
- Diverse service offerings and customer base
- Great team atmosphere