Carolina Handling is actively seeking qualified candidates for the position of Purchasing Agent. This position is responsible for overseeing and executing all procurement activities for non-resale products and services throughout the company, including product and supplier research, developing bid requirements and statements of work, supplier selection, monitoring supplier performance, contract management, and inventory control. Ensures that Carolina Handling receives the best value in its purchases including products and services matched to needs, quality, warranty, lead times, and cost. This position is also responsible for effectively managing the company’s vehicle fleet, technician tool outfitting, and replenishment programs to ensure adequate inventory levels. This position will also be very “hands on” and requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a daily basis.
Skills and qualifications needed include:
• Associate or Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations or Business Administration required
• Three (3) years’ experience in Purchasing or Supply Chain Operations required
• Managing and completing multiple projects on time with limited supervision
• Inventory Management: Manage non-resale inventory at high turns rate
• Strong Analytical Skills: Perform value analysis on costs and supplier quotes
• Persuasive with the ability to negotiate desired outcomes
• Customer and supplier relations oriented
• Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and listening
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• CPSM/CPM; CPIM; or APICS certification strongly preferred
Carolina Handling - 20 months ago
Carolina Handling wants to be in the minds of businesses throughout the southeastern US when material-handling equipment is called for. The...