Coilcraft is a successful, privately-held company in Cary, IL with a worldwide reputation for high quality passive electronic components. Coilcraft operates in a wide range of industries, including telecommunication, computers, automotive, broadband communications and consumer electronics.
We have an opening for a Purchasing Agent.
- Identify, select, support and develop a materials supply base that supports objectives regarding cost, quality, delivery, availability, and reliability requirements.
- Contribute to activities that optimize the value of materials and their processing.
- Provide support through the coordination of supplier qualification, data collection, data analysis/reporting and corrective/preventative action.
- Identify and develop relationships with suppliers (new and existing) regarding quality and processing by visiting suppliers.
- Initiate supply agreements and activities associated with the procurement of materials from suppliers for manufacturing operations.
- Investigate specific supply-base related issues, determine root cause analysis, and identify and implement corrective actions.
- Work with Engineering/Operations to maintain/improve specifications for direct materials to reduce variation of end product, processing or material costs, or internal/external scrap.
- Work with Engineering/Manufacturing to integrate early supplier involvement into new product development and/or product modifications as appropriate.
- Administer online purchasing systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in business operations, supply-chain management or equivalent.
- 2-5 years previous purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Excel.
- Knowledge of MRP systems, inventory control, ISO/TS16949 and purchasing/shipping a plus.
Submit resume with salary history by fax or email to:
- Affiliation with a worldwide company with a reputation for quality.
- A market competitive salary.
- Excellent growth opportunities for high achievers.
- Benefits including health, dental and life insurance, holidays, vacation building to 4 weeks in 10 years, sick time, 401(k) with company match and profit sharing.
Fax: (847) 639-3701