Job Purpose: Obtains requirements by verifying, preparing, and forwarding purchase orders; verifies receipt of items; authorizes payment.
· Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
· Forwards available inventory items by verifying stock; scheduling delivery.
· Prepares outside service purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining production related information and scheduling to support internal schedules. Coordinate purchase order with shipping to ensure completeness and accuracy of requirements.
· Obtains purchased items by forwarding quotes, reviewing price and delivery and forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
· Organize purchase orders placed; coordinate with receiving to ensure accurate receipt records.
· Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
· Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation to Accounting for processing. Resolve Invoicing problems raised by accounting to ensure payment.
· Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
· Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
· Accomplishes purchasing and organization mission by completing related results emphasizing detail and urgency.
Requirements: Minimum 10 years’ experience in similar role or 3-5 years’ experience with 4 year degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or Accounting.
T he following skills Skills/Qualifications are highly preferred: Supply Management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Vendor Relationships, Organization, Customer Service, Documentation Skills, Supply Management, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Cost Accounting, Control Engineering
Crown Holdings - 23 months ago
Headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, Crown Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CCK) is a leading manufacturer of packaging products for consumer marketing...