We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic professional who is detail oriented, organized, and an effective communicator to join our procurement team. We are looking for a Purchasing Agent who can plan, develop, negotiate and administer contracts.
The Purchasing Agent will:
- Identify vendors to provide the required products and services suitable for firm-wide contracts at competitive rates.
- Obtain pricing, level bids, develop, negotiate, and administer contracts that take full advantage of the total related firm spending volume.
- Generate forecast and total purchases reports for management.
- Develop a vendor quality measurement system for the firm and major contracts.
- Assist with researching market areas and arranging corporate housing.
- Promote the use of travel and event management tools and services.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to attracting a diverse group of the most talented professionals from all sources, regardless of background. We hire men and women with sharp minds, a passion for learning and a strong desire to develop. We want every employee at the firm to feel welcome with an equal opportunity to excel. Thank you for your interest in Dechert LLP.
- College degree with a concentration in Business, Procurement, Contract Management or other related fields preferred
- Experience procuring corporate travel and corporate events highly desirable.
- Effective communicator with strong writing and presentation skills.
- Creative problem solver with strong analytical and research skills.
- Working knowledge of : Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook; Visio, and PNet or other procurement systems.
This is a great opportunity for a talented professional to join an internationally recognized and highly successful law firm. If you are interested in being a part of our team, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
Dechert LLP is a leading international law firm with 25 offices in the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Founded in 1875,...