PLEASE READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS UNDER "HOW TO APPLY" BEFORE YOU BEGIN.
RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL NOT BE PAID.
This position is currently being advertised under the following Merit Promotion announcement, for Status Candidates(current or former federal employees or applicants eligible under special hiring authority): UK925443-ARS-AD. Complete application packets must be submitted for each announcement.
The Agricultural Research Service (ARS) works to ensure that Americans have reliable, adequate supplies of high-quality food and other agricultural products. ARS accomplishes its goals through scientific discoveries that help solve problems in crop and livestock production and protection, human nutrition, and the interaction of agriculture and the environment.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Registered for Selective Service, if applicable.
- Meet education and/or experience requirements.
- Complete the Occupational Questionnaire/submit resume/supporting documents.
- This announcement may be used to fill more than one position.
This position serves as a Purchasing Agent for the Davis, CA ARS location. Work is conducted and completed within the scope of the assigned agency procurement authorization.
Major Duties include:
- Performing a wide range of purchasing and contracting functions which include but are not limited to negotiating and recommending awards on the open market or under government contract.
- Serving as the purchase card and/or government purchase card program coordinator, and accountable property officer.
- Purchasing a variety of commercial supplies and equipment using competitive open market procedures or against established contracts.
- Advising approving officials and purchase card holders on purchase card program procurement procedures to include responsibilities for use.
- Utilizing a variety of automated systems to enter, update, revise, sort and calculate data; monitor purchase request; process receipts, and monitor active and delinquent notices.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by Wednesday, July 31, 2013 .
You may start at the GS-7 level if you have one of the following qualifications:
- One full-time (12 months) year of purchasing/contracting experience equivalent to the GS-6 grade level of the Federal service or private sector equivalent. Experience involved conducting open market negotiations and making competitive or sole source small purchases, using price analysis techniques to evaluate prices or costs for goods and services, using federal and agency acquisition regulations, federal property management regulations, internal procedures and guidelines, maintaining inventories stock, receiving shipment of office supplies and equipment, and maintaining inventory for organizations personal property; OR
- Completed one full academic year of graduate education or master's or equivalent graduate degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management; OR
- Combination of education and experience as listed above.
College Transcript : Submit a copy of your college transcript that lists college courses detailing each course by the number and department (i.e., bio 101, math 210, etc.), course title, number of credit hours and grade earned. You must submit evidence that any education completed in a foreign institution is equivalent to U.S. education standards with your resume.
You may submit an unofficial copy of the transcript at the initial phase of the application process. Please refer to the "How to Apply, Alternative Methods for Submitting Your Application Materials" section, for instructions on submitting the transcript.
Note: You college transcript is used to verify successful completion of degree, or college course work. an official college transcript will be required before you can report to duty.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND FINGERPRINT CHECK: Selection and retention in this position is contingent on a successfully adjudicated FBI National Criminal History Check (fingerprint check) and a background investigation.
CONFIDENTIAL FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE REPORT : If selected for this position, you will be required to submit an Annual Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of your initial appointment date, and annually thereafter.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
BASIS OF RATING:
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, and abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of purchasing/procurement procedures.
- Ability to research, interpret and apply purchasing/procurement regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to analyze.
- Ability to work accurately with facts and figures.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Ability to communicate in writing.
Your application packet, including the online assessment questionnaire, will be reviewed, to ensure you meet the job requirements and assess your ability to perform this job. Before any certificate can be issued to the selecting official, the resume and supporting documents are reviewed by an HR Specialist to ensure that (a) minimum qualification requirements are met and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your answers will be verified against information provided in your online resume and application. Be sure that your resume clearly supports your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position.
For Competitive Applicants/All US Citizens - If you meet the qualification requirements based on the extent and quality of experience, education and training relevant to the duties of the position and your responses to the automated scoring system, your application will be placed in one of the three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified . Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
Note: If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your description of experience and/or education OR that your application is incomplete may result in receipt of a lower or ineligible rating.
Permanent employees are eligible to elect life and health insurance coverage and will be covered by a Retirement System. Employees will earn annual and sick leave. For additional information on benefits, click here .
DIRECT DEPOSIT : All federal employees are required by P.L. 104-134 to have federal payments made by direct deposit. click here .
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) or Career Transition Assistance Plan(CTAP): If you are claiming CTAP/ICTAP eligibility, provide a copy of your most recent annual performance appraisal (at least "fully successful" or equivalent), and proof of eligibility, i.e., a RIF separation notice or Certification of Expected Separation, and SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles will be considered well-qualified if achieving a rating of 80 or above excluding veteran's preference points.
Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. See http://www.sss.gov/ .
usajobs.gov - 20 months ago
We provide leadership on food, agriculture, natural resources, rural development, nutrition, and related issues based on sound public...