This position is responsible for timely repair parts, consumables, and outsourced services purchased for a geographical operating area and for stocking of local inventory locations according to levels described by operations organization. Works within electronic inventory control system to maintain inventory levels and assists operating organization to procure emergency spare parts and repair services required to maintain equipment reliability.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Issues electronic and manual purchase orders for repair and spare parts based upon demand for parts shown in electronic inventory control system
- Codes parts transactions according to Company chart of accounts
- Evaluates re-order quantities and safe stock levels for inventory parts and adjusts system set-points according to parts consumption
- Establishes safe stock levels and re-order points for parts not previously carried in system
- Establishes delivery logistics with parts vendors as required according to need
- Ensures quick delivery of parts and supplies needed for emergency operations response to “unit down” conditions
- Receives parts at inventory locations and keys them into inventory control system
- Arranges delivery logistics for transfer of received parts to appropriate inventory location and advises appropriate operations personnel of same
- Ensures orderliness and organizational integrity of local inventory locations for field operations personnel.
- Ensures that new equipment parts storage boxes are stocked with adequate spare parts inventory
- Handles and tracks warranty claims with OEMs to conclusion to ensure proper credit for warranty is issued
- Qualifies product and service vendors according to quality, responsiveness, and price
- Provides reporting of parts consumption and expenditures to local management
- Exercises independent judgment based upon job experience in purchasing & inventory decision-making
Energy Transfer Equity, L.P. operates through its subsidiaries, Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. (ETP), Energy Transfer Partners G.P., L.P...