POSITION SUMMARY (Briefly describe the purpose of the position)
Responsible for all purchasing, customer service, inventories and contracting for Envision Xpress base service stores located on military bases.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE (List in order of importance)
• Research and identify best buy vendors.
• Prepare and submit Requests for Quotes (RFQ’s).
• Procure all items for resale.
• Maintain/improve vendor relations.
• Monitor Base Store inventories and assist with min/max levels.
• Maintain monthly "fill rate" of 97% or higher.
• Function as customer service representative internally and externally.
• Recommend to supervisor new items and to discontinue low turnover items.
• Resolve all pricing, quality, quantity and freight discrepancies on any purchases.
• Monitor and document vendor performances.
• Assist with web based customer relations and ordering.
• Facilitate ordering of Defense Logistics Agency items on line.
• Assist in ordering weekly Purchase Advice Report items.
• Perform and manage excel spreadsheets for computer inputs that update pricing.
• Review items for possible item number consolidation.
• Contact vendors and aggressively negotiate pricing, terms and conditions.
• Provide reports for management as requested.
• Aid and assist in ways to substantially increase JWOD sales.
• Support base store promotional efforts with supervisor and store managers.
• Coordinate sharing of information with other Purchasing Agents.
• Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (List as required or preferred)
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum of three years previous experience in procurement or related work required; previous experience in government procurement, contracting and inventory control preferred.
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and business websites.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Self-motivated and ability to multi-task.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: __0__
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: __0__
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
_X_ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arm’s reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
___ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
Envision - 7 months ago