This position will work with business and functional leadership within
the organization/plant to identify needs, drive and lead the procurement
processes. These actions will be centered on significantly impacting
Goodyear's market position to better serve our end customer while
improving Goodyears working capital position. Utilize lean
methodologies to drive transformational changes to achieve a more
effective procurement team that fully integrates with the supply chain.
Manage and drive systems and procedures to improve the procurement of
materials into, through and out of the North American manufacturing
facilities. This includes both external systems that are presented to
the plant from corporate leadership and customers, as well as internal
systems the plant itself wishes to institute. Establish Standard Work
for all purchasing processes and ensure all participants are trained
accordingly. Lead the transformational and change processes required to
drive and continued development of our Advantaged Supply Chain. Mainly
working with MRO, High level Po's, complex vendor relations and
contractual agreements. Senior + level negotiations.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Degree in Purchasing, Business Management, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Management experience in a matrix organization of businesses and functional groups.
- Knowledge of elements that make up the procurement and purchasing elements of the supply chain, manufacturing and the interrelationship between these elements.
- Knowledge of tire technology a plus.
- Preferred management skills within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to direct cross-functional work groups to achieve goals and objectives with a strong ability to manage by influence within an organization to accomplish these goals.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
- Procurement and purchasing background.
- Transformational or turn-around experience is preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in purchasing field.
- Experience in product delivery systems.
- Strong computer skills necessary for plant procurement processing.
- Expertise and full understanding of creation, negotiation, and execution of contractual procurement processes.
- Ability to lead and grow a team thru a learning environment.
- Possess strong communication, business, technical, analytical procurement skills.
- Ability to guide & mentor others.
- Ability to train others in the use of lean tools.
- Ability to establish priorities, objectives, time limits and goals.
Goodyear Tire & Rubber - 11 months ago
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. A Fortune 500 company, we employ approximately 73,000 people and manufacture our...