JBT Aerotech Services is an industry leading, dedicated provider of Maintenance Services to Airlines throughout North America. Our maintenance services cover the full range of service from 24 hour, 7 day per week on-site service and emergency call out, to periodic maintenance of equipment based on technical visits quarterly, semi-annually, and/or annually with supplementary emergency support and call out as needed.
Monitors and schedules the flow of materials, components, assemblies, and/or inventory through assigned projects. Plans the manufacturing or purchasing of assigned parts, components, or materials to meet project schedules.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- High School diploma required, BA or BS degree in business administration, procurement, operations or related field experience with proven performance and product knowledge of assigned components preferred.
- Five to ten years of professional experience applying fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in purchasing or materials management.
- Must have a basic understanding of machining and manufacturing processes and be familiar with steel products.
- Computer skills including spreadsheet, word processing, and Syteline or similar mainframe.
- Demonstrate solid understanding of policies and procedures that apply to assignments.
- Show evidence of good organization skills.
- Ability to pass an FAA Background Check
- Valid Driver's License
- Enters manufacturing sales orders into the system under the supervision of more experienced Planners. Receives direction to determine the sources of the components (to make or to buy) per current JBT operation sourcing strategy and enters into the system to notify manufacturing and purchasing of project demands. Enters and releases milestone sales orders at the direction of the Project Manager.
- Maintains sales order due dates based on the shop’s master schedule time slots and updates due dates as the master schedule changes.
- Updates the manufacturing execution plan for assigned projects to ensure that parts are produced or purchased as needed and in the proper sequence. Reports manufacturing status to the Project Team.
- Assists with the project team effort to synchronize project priorities and Engineering design release dates to ensure acceptable procurement and manufacturing schedules.
- Monitors the flow of inventory through assigned projects. Avoids creation of excess inventory and makes recommendations for substitutions, where possible, to use and to reduce existing inventory. Performs and documents an inventory impact review at project closing.
- Identifies potential problems with meeting project deadlines by walking through the shop and checking on the status of the parts. Troubleshoots shop and purchase order problems and facilitates resolution.
- Works with Product Groups to define the assembly and testing requirements of the project and ensures that those processes are incorporated into the plan. Assists, as required, to track down missing parts or to make part substitutions.
- Identifies and realizes cost savings opportunities to achieve yearly cost reduction targets.
As a member of the JBT team you’ll enjoy frequent company-sponsored events, as well as a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage + 401K.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JBT Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all federal and state laws, regulations and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements in all programs.
JBT Corporation - 8 months ago