Job Title: Purchasing Agent
Office Location: Jersey City, NJ
The Jefferies Procurement department is seeking a Purchasing Agent for our Jersey City, NJ,office to be a tactical buyer and assist with strategic sourcing for the firm, globally. The Procurement department is comprised of 11 employees located in 3 locations in two countries, and it provides buying, sourcing and commercial negotiation and contract management to the firm in all our locations globally. The Purchasing agent will be responsible for working with internal customers, external vendors, reviewing and processing purchase requests, adhering to departmental and organizational requirements, and dispatching purchase orders to vendors, as well as exception/problem resolution and management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Required Background & Skills:
- Creating, Reviewing, Correcting, Processing Requisitions
- Sourcing, Creating, Dispatching Purchase Orders for all covered expense lines
- Specialized Business process Flows for certain Expense lines (e.g. wireless carrier plan management in addition to ordering)
- Management/Maintenance of Departmental Databases – item catalogs, vendor lists, contract repositories, special request tracking and monitoring, managed inventory items
- Managing the collection and filing of contracts for execution
- Renewals/Subscriptions annual maintenance
- Daily/Weekly reporting duties
- Internal Customer Support/Training/Assistance via Phone, Email and MS Lync
- Special Projects/Support of Strategic Sourcing Managers (e.g. support of RFx activities for Strategic Sourcing Managers)
- Administration and Support of Procurement Management (e.g. Reporting and Auditing of Purchasing Activities)
Jefferies, the global investment banking firm, has served companies and investors for 50 years.
Headquartered in New York, with offices in over 30 cities around the world, the firm provides clients with capital markets and financial advisory services, institutional brokerage and securities research, as well as wealth and asset management. The firm provides research and execution services in equity, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures and commodities markets, and a full range of investment banking services including underwriting, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and recapitalization, and other advisory services, with all businesses now operating across the Americas, Europe and Asia. Jefferies is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Leucadia National Corporation (NYSE: LUK), a diversified holding company.
- 1-3 years of purchasing experience
- Proficient with MS Word/Excel/Outlook, Internet Navigation
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials is a plus, not required
- Purchasing certification (CPP) a plus, not required
Jefferies & Company, Inc. - 30+ days ago