Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices in the United States, Canada and abroad. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, heavy civil, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. With revenues of more than $10 billion, Kiewit's workforce includes approximately 10,300 staff and 14,400 craft workers. Kiewit Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kiewit participates in E-Verify.
The Purchasing Agent assists the Purchasing Manager and/or Material Superintendent with site purchasing and material control. The position is operational in nature dealing significantly with field issues at active projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but not limited to the following:
• Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible cost in correct amounts.
• Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
• Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities and the supplier’s reputation and history.
• Analyze price proposals, financial reports and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
• Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations.
• Negotiate, renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors and other representatives.
• Monitor shipments to ensure goods come in on time and resolve problems related to undelivered goods.
• Confer with staff, users and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or service and determine corrective action.
• Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and determine needs for changes.
• Maintain and review computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, deliveries, product performance and inventories.
• Prepare/issue Request for Proposals (RFP’s) and evaluate vendor/subcontractor proposals to identify vendors/subcontractors who meet project constraints of budget and schedule.
• Leverage vendors/subcontractors across multiple procurements to create cost savings to project(s).
• Provide training and conduct procurement related audits to ensure procedures are followed.
• Develop escalation calculations for each bid.
• Aid in the execution of early Memorandums of Understanding on Engineered Equipment.
• Long Term relocation and short-term field assignments will be required.
• Request for Quotes: Uses the purchase requisition information to obtain best pricing and delivery commitments per company guidelines.
• Purchase Orders: Issues and maintains log of purchase orders per company guidelines. Executes most of the day to day ST&S purchasing.
• Expediting: Generates the Open Purchase Order Report to ensure timely delivery of all materials.
• Exception Resolution: Assists in the resolution of Over, Short & Damage and Material Return for Credit issues.
• Departmental Support: Assists in all functions relating to Purchasing / Material Control as directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The individual should have a Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent, or at least three years experience in construction or a related discipline such as purchasing / material control. The individual must:
• Be detail oriented.
• Flexible and highly motivated.
• Willingness to travel to project assignments.
• Have a strong work ethic and professional demeanor.
• Effective time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be a team player, but able to work independently to meet intense deadlines, goals and objectives.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Kiewit Corporation - 15 months ago
Peter Kiewit Sons' is a heavyweight in the heavy construction industry. The general contractor and its subsidiaries have a breadth of...