Work at MEMIC
Job Location - Portland, ME
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for the procurement and supply management of materials, equipment, supplies and services in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- purchasing; reviewing, analyzing and managing purchase order requisitions
- exploring, recommending and initiating new sources of supplies
- preparing, reviewing, negotiating and finalizing bid specifications
- arranging travel for employees
- ensure the product flow, delivery and quality meet customer expectations and negotiated terms
Education and experience
Our ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor Degree Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of buying experience or equivalent combination or work and education experience.
Proven skills in preparing, analyzing and negotiating simple and complex purchasing proposals a must. Initiative and independent judgment is essential. Strong verbal and written communication skills a must. The ability to plan, organize and multi-task are essential. This person needs to be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Access a must. Strong customer service skills a must. The ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with company employees, vendors, as well as, continually develop, maintain and grown new vendor base.
How to apply
Apply online or forward us your resume by sending an e-mail to email@example.com . You can also reach us by calling 1-800-660-1306.
MEMIC - 4 months ago