The Purchasing Agent is responsible for assisting the Purchasing team by placing orders, managing equipment returns, and verifying shipments. Respond to pricing/availability requests. Assist with status requests.
Duties are as follows, but are not limited to :
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
- Place orders for products and services.
- Manage debit memo log - work with buyers, project managers, customer service to ensure timely product returns and accurate records.
- Verify on time shipments from vendors, provide proof of shipment to A/P, and escalate shipment delays to project managers and sales.
- Respond to pricing/availability queries and order fulfillment status requests from other departments.
- Reconcile job packages/projects
- Other purchasing support functions as needed.
- High School diploma.
- MS Office, particularly strong Excel skills.
- Well organized with attention to detail, flexible and able to multi-task.
- Professional demeanor and solid communication skills are required
- The individual must demonstrate the ability:
- To appear for work on time;
- To accept constructive criticism; and
- To maintain and develop positive team cohesiveness
- To understand and follow work rules and procedures.
- To perform and utilize clerical tools, such as telephone, keyboard, ten key and pc use.
- This position requires long periods of sitting .
- Must be able to work late on Fridays as well as overtime when needed.
Nexus IS - 10 months ago