Job Title : Purchasing Agent
Department : Food & Beverage
Reports to : Director of Operations/Executive Chef
Coordinates activities throughout the hotel of ordering, receiving, storing, inventorying, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies, tools and equipment, in the stock room by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Plans lay out of stockroom, and other storage areas considering turnover, size, weight and related factors of items stored.
· Advices employees on care and preservation on items received, stored and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining and shipping stock; and related problems.
· Studies record and recommends remedial actions to the Directos of Operations for reported non-usable, perishable or slow moving and excess stock.
· Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels. Communicate and relate all these information to the Controller.
· Regularly performs special and monthly inventories and submit them to the Controller.
· Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
· Issues written and oral instructions.
· Works with other departments to ensure a smooth operation.
· Documents and submits a work order to report items that need to be repaired and follows up with Maintenance accordingly.
· Examines work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures.
· Regularly monitors supplies, to ensure the Hotel is properly stocked to meet the needs of business.
· Regularly monitors product quality to ensure consistency by working closely with Executive Chef.
· All other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards which may be established by the Resort from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are to fully comply with the Resort rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or knowledge required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential funsctions.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Able to write reports, business correspondences, memos and employee performance evaluations.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Ability to move through a crowded store room.
· Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English.
· Able to work in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fraction and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio and percents.
· Ability to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizing exists.
· Meets legal age requirements for the position.
One to two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
No certifications needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle, or feel ; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear.
The employee is regularly required to kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The work characteristics describes here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions and extreme cold (non-weather). The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standard available.)