Purchasing Agent: PeachSuite.com, Largest Online Retailer of Hotel Supplies is seeking a Purchasing Agent to join our team to play a key role in the growth and expansion of our B2B eCommerce Portal PeachSuite.com®. Due to rapid growth and expansion we have an immediate opening.
Job Description: This position will include involvement in all aspects of our purchasing processes. Experience in purchasing and/or the hospitality industry is a big plus. This position will include but is not limited to the following:
- Monitoring and adjusting both product and vendor data so that purchase orders are cut accurately and do not require modifications and/or adjustments once submitted.
- Contact vendors to verify receipt of purchase orders, expedite, and update system with ship dates.
- Make necessary item changes or adjustments to purchase order communicated to us by vendor, as well as notifying sales team of any changes or adjustments that affect open sales orders.
- Monitor sales volume at the item level to maintain proper minimum stock levels and reduce out of stock or overstock of products.
- Monitor sales volume at the vendor level to ensure efficient ordering cycles and reduce shipping costs.
- Cutting purchase orders to suppliers for both stocking items as well as drop shipments direct to the customer.
- Vendor negotiations to develop programs to lower overall costs, increase volume, and increase profitability with their product line.
Skills / Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree, Purchasing Experience, Logistics, Microsoft Office (Excel a must), Microsoft Outlook, Hospitality and/or Food Service Experience a plus.
PeachSuite.com maintains one of the best compensation packages in the industry, with:
Employee health insurance
Life and Long Term Disability insurance
Company paid holidays
Company paid personal leave (vacation)
Free Soda's, Bottled Water and Coffee in the Break room