About the Position
The Mechandising Associate is a newly created position that is responsible for sourcing amazing brands for our customers, through identifying appropriate brands, negotiating with suppliers and cultivating internal and external relationships on behalf of our company.
Clearance.co a fast-growing membership based shopping site and, for consumers, is the best way to shop for great products at extremely discounted prices. We work directly with manufacturers and licensed distributors and strive to pass on tremendous savings to our customers. Clearance.co is the premiere online destination for overstock and clearance products with none of the hassle and genuinely helpful customer service when you need it! We are located in the heart of the e-commerce universe - Santa Monica, CA.
You are an outgoing and personable professional. You understand and live by the concept of being a "team player," making sure that collaboration is essential to your success, as well as the success of those you work with. You are hardworking, results driven and able to thrive in a start-up, fun and energetic work environment. You're not afraid to stand up for what is right, nor are you afraid to deliver bad news from time to time. "It's not in my job description" is not part of your professional vocabulary, and you are flexible enough to juggle many different projects at the same time.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Identify great brands that complement our company’s demand
- Negotiate with suppliers to create the best deals
- Cultivate relationships with multiple vendors and create efficiencies with quality of product, speed of delivery and other factors
- Manage and maintain inventory
- Forecast customer demand
- Analyze market trends to keep up with what is currently selling online and what may be selling in the future
- Embrace a fun and energetic work culture
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years internet merchandising experience
- Discount retail experience
- Established vendor relationships highly desirable
Highly competitive and commensurate with experience
RSJ/Swenson is serving as our hiring and screening consultant on this project. No phone calls, please.