Assists in the procurement of stock and non-stock supplies for the business unit. Follows established procedures, practices and policies. Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services such as equipment, parts, supplies, printing, and advertising according to company purchasing guidelines. Work is performed under the general supervision of a department manager and requires minimal interpretation or variation. Work assignments are generally well defined, standard and routine in nature.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
in order of importance. Other duties may be assigned.
Reviews purchase requisitions for accuracy and completeness.
Reviews inventory level reports and places orders according to predetermined stocking levels.
Prepares purchase orders or bid requests for stock, non-stock or custom order products.
Reviews bid proposals; may negotiate prices within budgetary limitations, and scope of authority, and company purchasing guidelines.
Confers with Sales Representatives, Customer Service Representatives, and vendors to obtain and provide product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
Approves invoices for payment.
Provides support in follow-up activities and expedites delivery of goods.
May determine method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
Works with other purchasing staff, sales force, customer service, and warehouse personnel on a daily basis. Interacts with management team and contacts vendors on an as needed basis. Interacts with customers where necessary.
Basic Qualifications : -
Preferred Skills : -
- Minimum 2 years of experience for applicants having Bachelor degree .
- Minimum 4 years of experience for applicants having High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to coomunicate effectively , both orally and in writing.
- Basic mathematical aptitude to solve problems such as percentages , spreads , margins , etc.
- Computer skills with expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Detail Oriented , good focus and accuracy.
- Multi tasking skills.
- Knowledge of procurement menthods and practices.
- Knowledge of office products and sources of supply.
- Ability to compose effective and efficient reports and correspondence.
- Ability to use tact and skill in dealing with other staff , vendors and customers.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
Staples - 16 months ago
There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer and a trusted...