We would like to announce a recent opening in our Purchasing Department. Due to an increased workload, we are currently seeking a Purchasing Agent for our Shorewood, IL Office.
• Work with bid team and review material and subcontractor requirements; solicit quotations and then purchase obtaining the most advantageous combination of price, quality, delivery, and other value added supplier services.
• Ensure DBE/SBA requirements are met both pre and post bid.
• Negotiate contract or purchase order price, terms, and conditions.
• Maintain communication with suppliers on material availability issues, on-time delivery, and overall performance.
• Establish relationships with vendors required for free flow of information concerning market trends impacting the supply chain.
• Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong working knowledge of Excel and Word
• Minimum 2-year degree, but 4-year degree preferred
• Minimum 5 years of industry experience
• JDEdwards OneWorld experience a plus
• Marketing and sales experience/skills a plus
The Lane Construction Corporation - 21 months ago