Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
Associate's degree in Business Administration and at least 5 years of job-related experience or equivalent.
Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and Department of Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS). Must be familiar with Contractor Purchasing System Reviews (CPSR). Must be able to perform Price or Cost Analysis to Determine Fair and Reasonable pricing. Must be familiar with Public Laws, SAM, and Consent Packages. Must have had experience issuing Purchase Orders and Subcontracts. Must be proficient working in FFP, T&M, CR, and LH environments. Excellent oral and written communication skills; working knowledge with word-processing, database, spreadsheet programs and integrated software applications are required. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
URS Corporation is a fully integrated engineering, construction and technical services organization with the capabilities to support every stage of the project life cycle. The company offers a full range of program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering and technical assistance; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; and decommissioning and closure services. We provide these services for the U.S. federal government, national governments of other countries, state and local government agencies in the United States and internationally, FORTUNE 500 companies, and other multinational corporations. URS has approximately 56,000 employees and a network of offices in more than 50 countries.
If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference, join the URS team!
We are seeking a Purchasing Agent to support our Germantown, MD office.
Procures or oversees the procurement of all services, supplies, hardware, software and other commodities required for facilities and employees to function. Review the procurement process for adherence to company policies and government regulations.
1. Specialize in the completion of complex assignments.
2. Lead and/or advise other Purchasing Assistant and Purchasing Agents.
3. Prepare and execute requests (high dollar requests) that are more complex in nature, requiring more acquisition experience and more clearly defined documentation.
4. Schedule and coordinate internal/external audits.
5. Solicit for new vendors and schedule visits.
6. Interpret, recommend and implement procurement policies and procedures.
7. Provide input for performance and salary reviews.
8. Plan and assign to purchasing personnel procurement workload assignments.
9. Serve as subject-matter expert for procurement matters, provide advice, and recommend changes that have an important bearing on internal company operations.
10. Comply with governmental law, Company and divisional procurement policies and procedures.
11. Maintain a Government compliant filing system and is responsible for all correspondence on all procurement matters.
12. Prepare Cost and/or Price Analysis in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation Requirements.
13. Perform Best Value with Trade-Off, Technical Responsive Low Price, and Low Price Evaluations.
14. Prepare Justifications for Awarding to Large Businesses.
15. Prepare Negotiation Strategies and Negotiate Contracts.
16. Prepare Market Analysis and Surveys.
17. Solicit Base-Year and Option-Year Orders.
18. Support Proposal Efforts by obtaining Competitive Pricing, Identifying Potential Team Members, and Preparing Proposal Write-ups.
19. Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
URS Corporation - 8 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...