Performs various purchasing assignments requiring professional judgment and ingenuity. Under limited supervision, procures services, supplies and equipment necessary for the daily operations of the College.
1. Associate's Degree (Preferred) in Business or a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Experience in public purchasing or a related field.
3. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
4. Acceptable eyesight (with/without correction aid).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of the principles and practices of public purchasing, including related laws and regulations.
2. Knowledge of grades, qualities, supply sources, and market factors affecting supplies.
3. Knowledge of mathematical principals as they relate to procurement including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimal and percentage calculations.
4. Skill in communicating effectively, orally and in writing.
5. Skill in the use of personal computers and general office software.
6. Ability to follow oral and written directions and interact with others.
7. Ability to research using the Internet as well as placing online orders.
8. Ability to analyze complex problems and make independent judgments.
9. Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously, while meeting deadlines.
10. Ability to establish and maintain effective relations with College employees, suppliers and other members of the public with whom contacts are essential.
11. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of a diverse student/faculty/staff population.
Career Service Grade 11
Minimum Physical Qualifications
Initial Work Schedule/Location:
Work Schedule-8am- 5pm, M-F
Location: West Campus, Building 14
Education & Experience:
Essential Job Functions:
1. Reports directly to the Procurement Operations Manager all daily purchasing activities and workloads.
2. Ensures that all purchases are made pursuant to the College's policies and procedures.
3. Reviews and analyzes requisitions and quotations to create, print, and mail on-line electronic purchase orders.
4. Solicits and evaluates competitive quotes for items up to the college's formal bid limit.
5. Approves sole source and emergency purchases from initiating departments after research and verification.
6. Analyzes pricing on State of Florida, GSA and other governmental agency contracts.
7. Negotiator on single source and/or competitive purchases up to the college's formal bid limit.
8. Develop specifications/scope of work for invitation to Bid/Request for Proposals for items greater than the college's formal bid limit, including any project addendums.
9. Prepares and coordinates legal advertisements and correspondence regarding purchasing matters.
10. Conducts pre-bid/pre-proposal conferences and public bid openings.
11. Prepares bid tabulations/bid analysis to evaluate responses and determine the most responsive and responsible submittal.
12. Awards contracts including vendor notification including any related amendments, renewals or terminations.
13. Resolves questions raised by vendors or originating departments ensuring satisfactory resolution of problems.
14. Coordinates the College's Green purchasing efforts.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Licenses, Certifications, or Registrations:
Special Instructions to Applicants
For consideration, the following is required: a completed Valencia College on-line employment application.
If you are a current Valencia College employee with a learning centered statement, transcripts and resume on file, this information is still required to be submitted with the application in order to finish the process. Please limit the size of your document to less than 2 MB in PDF format.
It is the applicant's responsibility to have any foreign transcripts evaluated prior to submission through an authorized evaluation service such as World Education Services.
During the online application process, you will be required to provide a response to specific questions to complete the application process.
All letters of reference must be attached at the time of application.