Verco Decking, Inc., a Nucor Company, is seeking qualified candidates for a Purchasing Agent position.
This position is responsible for procuring and managing inventory at our three production facilities.
This position requires excellent communication skills and works closely with all departments within our organization. Tasks will include, but not be limited to, creating purchase orders from requisitions, managing steel purchases to keep the right quantities on hand, working closely with our steel mills to track orders and to find solutions when shortages occur, communicating daily with the railroad and troubleshooting any problems, contacting and negotiating with vendors and developing good business relationships.. Responsibilities also include maintaining the purchasing side of SAP, analyzing buying trends, and analyzing the price and quality of goods to determine the best value. Other responsibilities include maintaining all purchase agreements and contracts including non-inventory contracts for services, auditing key suppliers, and working closely with and backing up other purchasing functions as needed. Traveling overnight is also required for this position.
- 3 year purchasing experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment in a purchasing capacity
Nucor is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to maintaining a drug free work environment
- B.S. or B.A. Degree
- Previous experience with SAP
- CPSM or other comparable purchasing certification
- Knowledge of LEEDS, ARRA, Buy America and other steel requirements used in the construction industry
- Experience in multi-site inventory