WCI Communities creates amenity-rich, master-planned lifestyle communities, catering to primary, retirement and second-home buyers. Dedicated to product and service excellence as a People First® certified company, WCI offers traditional single and multi-family home choices with prices from the mid-$100,000s to just under $1 million. In addition to homebuilding and development, WCI generates revenues from its Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Realty business, the second largest residential realty company in Florida; title services, and its recreational amenities, as well as through land sales and joint ventures. For more information, visit www.WCICommunities.com.
Performs a multi-faceted role including responsibility for overseeing the operation of the computer based purchase order system from bidding and budgeting, to vendor/subcontractor invoicing.
- Solicit competitive bids for labor and material, review price comparisons.
- Issue bid packages to subcontractors and vendors.
- Analysis of plans and quantity take-offs.
- Procurement and analysis of subcontractors’ bids.
- Establish preliminary budgets for new plans based upon vendor/subcontractor bids.
- Maintain current material pricing.
- Generate Pro-forma construction budgets.
- Maintain estimator’s pricing database.
- Pricing out of options, both standard and custom.
- Maintain specifications matrix.
- BS or BA, 4 year degree required.
- Minimum 3 years purchasing experience with comparable responsibilities. Homebuilder experience preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to interact effectively, internally and externally, subcontractors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
WCI Communities develops luxury residential communities and homes in Florida. Founded in 1946, it caters primarily to retirement and...