THIS POSITION IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ARRANGING THE PURCHASING AND SHIPMENT OF PARTS AND SUPPLIES FOR ALASKA PRODUCTION FACILITIES. MUST BE ABLE TO RESEARCH PROSPECTIVE SUPPLIERS AND SHIPPERS TO EVALUATE LEAD TIMES, PRICING, TERMS AND DISCOUNTS. POSITION ACTS AS LIAISON BETWEEN INTERNAL COMPANY DEMANDS AND EXTERNAL CONTACTS. APPLICANT MUST BE WILLING TO UNDERTAKE ADDITIONAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES WHEN NEEDED. THIS POSITION REPORTS TO THE PURCHASING MANAGER.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Place purchase orders of parts and supplies for all locations.
• Work closely with the Purchasing Manager to evaluate supply and shipping sources for effective cost control.
• Work closely with production locations throughout the purchasing and shipping process to meet production needs.
• Research prospective suppliers and shippers to evaluate lead times, pricing, terms and discounts.
• Data entry of purchases into the Purchase Order system.
• Reconcile purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and invoices to resolve any discrepancies, over shipments or shortages.
• Maintain accurate paperwork and files.
• Work collaboratively with internal employees and external contacts.
• Other duties as assigned.
WSI has a zero tolerance policy for drugs and alcohol. First ninety (90) days of employment is Probationary. A Background check is performed on all new hires and re-hires.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Two to four years of related experience in purchasing or logistics.
• Seafood background is a plus.
• Working knowledge of production equipment, such as food processing parts and supplies.
• Ability to deal with a wide range of people while under pressure.
• Must be professionally assertive when dealing with vendors.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to meet deadlines.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Previous computer experience required including data entry, Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Able to work overtime and weekends as the job requires.