RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Facilitate the procurement and distribution of company equipment, supplies, and services.
- Perform cost analysis and usage reports.
- Create bid packages and review submitted proposals.
- Maintain purchasing software; set up and edit users.
- Process requisitions for non-inventory related purchases.
- Review and analyze purchase orders for accuracy and completeness.
- Manage internal vendor software.
- Lead creation and ongoing management of internal contract database.
- Manage seasonal, commodity driven and brand identity purchases.
- Write and/or review specifications for supplies and services.
- Audit compliance with the company’s policies and procedures for purchasing.
- Maintain company and department procedures and policies.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by performing and communicating in a manner that promotes good relationships with employees, co-workers, and management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Professional etiquette and appearance.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels.
- Ability to work well under pressure, take initiative, and be flexible and cooperative.
- Ability to follow and motivate others to follow standard purchasing procedures and policies.
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Ability to prepare specifications and contracts for large diversity of items.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Ability to quickly comprehend and retain large amounts of information.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently.
- Capable of quickly adapting and/or changing direction.
- Knowledge of standard purchasing procedures and practices.
- Exhibit strong computer skills; proficient in Windows applications and Microsoft applications, including Access; AS400, Lotus Notes, Synergy, TMT and vendor sites applications a plus.
- Ability to read, interpret, and explain company purchasing procedures and policies.
- Must process strong organizational skills, dependability, and attention to detail.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s).
- Minimum two (2) to four (4) years experience working in Purchasing or Finance office environment.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Valid driver’s license.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
- Office environment.
- Exposure to noise, heat, dust, and fumes as found in a repair facility.
Rumpke Consolidated Companies, Inc. - 17 months ago