Purchasing Assistant (13002)
This position provides primary administrative support for a member of the Senior Management Team for VW Chattanooga Operations & secondary support to the Purchasing Management team.
- Manage the electronic schedule to ensure efficient time management. Schedule routine departmental meetings, prepare agendas, take meeting minutes and ensure timely follow-up for tasks assigned to the team during meetings.
Proactively follow-up on outstanding tasks and issues on behalf of senior management.
- Write purchase orders for services to support the start-up of the Chattanooga facility.
- Screen and route written and electronic mail and telephone calls, both internal and external.
- Prepare clear and well-written communications on behalf of senior management, both within VW Chattanooga and to outside recipients, including Germany as required.
Prepare and coordinate various reports, presentations and documents within the departments by gathering data and/or preparing PowerPoint slides.
- Prepare, submit and track expense reports and maintain records.
- Prepare, track, and follow-up on Check Requests and RFQ’s to ensure timely delivery of goods and services.
- Monitor and track departmental travel requests and activity.
- Act as mail administrator for department, order office supplies, maintain office supply cabinet/resources, and prepare OA, catering and other requests as required.
Provide back-up administrative support as required.
Years of Experience
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
- Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
- Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software
- Integration – joining people, processes or systems
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Problem solving
- Resource management
Specialized skills, knowledge or certifications unique to this role
- 3-5 years Administrative Assistant experience supporting production or engineering managers.
- Proficient in computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Browsers)
- 3 years Administrative Assistant experience with executives in the automotive industry
- Fluent in German
James Frizelle's Volkswagen located at Southport, Tweed Heads South, Lismore, Nerang in Queensland, specialises in New Volkswagen, Used Cars...