Process Purchase Orders from Buyers, Manager or assigned commodities
• Process Orders using a Procurement Card
• Monitor Purchasing Email – Handle or distribute to appropriate personnel
• Monitor/Answer department’s general phone line
• Distribute incoming mail and faxes to appropriate personnel
• Liaison with Accounts Payable in resolving invoice discrepancies
• Responsible for faxing/emailing outgoing Purchase Orders
• Responsible for filing and maintaining PO’s
• Place orders on line (i.e. office supplies, stationery)
• Responsible for sending requestors copy of Purchase Orders
• Handle any ad hoc assignments
• Coordinate Meetings
• Ensure receipt of Purchase Order with vendor
• Follow up with vendors/suppliers for delivery status
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, sound decision-making abilities, excellent attention to detail and take pride in their assignments.
Communicate effectively with all levels of management, personnel and vendors. Build and maintain close relationships with key personnel and vendors.
Have a broad general knowledge of all types of commodities.
Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and seamlessly support various disciplines.
A high degree of professionalism, resourcefulness and creative problem-solving ability.
Understand the needs and cycles of a busy higher educational environment.
Must be computer literate with Microsoft products, including Project, PowerPoint, and Visio. Familiar with a Purchasing software.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Banner experience helpful.
The New School - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard