The Purchasing Associate will be a member of a quick paced purchasing department focused on servicing a pork production business through the procurement of high quality, reliable, livestock supplies, parts and equipment. Specific responsibilities will include communicating with company maintenance crews and project managers to acquire necessary parts and equipment, maintaining an inventory of maintenance parts, and developing business relationships with vendors. Participation as a team member of the Purchasing Team will be vital to the success of this position.
Job Duties & Accountabilities
- Responsible for receiving orders for parts and livestock equipment from company maintenance crews, business development personnel, field staff and other company staff over a four state geography.
- Determining the best and most economical method of acquiring those parts based on established purchasing agreements with vendors.
- Responsible for maintaining an appropriate inventory level of parts and supplies at company warehouse locations.
- Expected to collaborate with other Purchasing Dept. personnel for the development of processes and procedures to ensure success of department.
- Cooperate with accounting department to ensure appropriate recording of purchasing transactions.
- Facilitate annual review of purchases and vendor discount structures while aiding in inventory recommendations based on historical purchases.
- Works in close collaboration with warehouse managers to continually evaluate and monitor optimal stocking levels
High School Diploma is required. Associates Degree in a related field is highly preferred.
Two years of parts and supplies purchasing required. Experience with animal agriculture preferred. Experience with Microsoft Great Plains is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1) Knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office Programs
- Basic computer applications
- Inventory control and management
2) Skill in:
- Organizational and time management skills to accomplish tasks
- Excellent Communication skills with a diverse range of customers and vendors
3) Ability to:
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Work in a fast paced multi-tasking environment
- Prioritize tasks and follow through to execution
- Negotiation skills
The Maschhoffs - 4 months ago
The Maschhoffs Inc., headquartered in Carlyle, Ill., is one of the largest family-owned pork production networks in North America. The compa...