Job Description |
Operations Director of Health Services
12/12/13 - Open Until Filled
The Purchasing Associate is responsible for all purchasing needs for the Dena'ina Wellness Center and to process and maintain Contract Health Services requests.
- Performs job duties in a manner, which is consistent with current standards for the job and with the Policies and Procedures of the Dena'ina Wellness Center.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and privacy.
- Establishes and maintains a safe environment for patients, physicians, and other staff.
- Establishes, promotes, and maintains positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Actively participates in the Risk Management Process.
- Actively participates in Quality Improvement.
- Assumes responsibility for self-improvement and professional growth.
- Conduct reflects the Tribe's values and vision and a commitment to the Code of Conduct.
- Proficiency with Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Preparing or editing purchase orders from various departments.
- Works in collaboration with the Central Supply Associate to ensure adequate supply levels in the inventory to meet service requirements.
- Placing orders with suppliers or vendors and ensuring that documentation is in order.
- Maintaining a purchasing filing system and updating appropriate records when required.
- Look for ways to reduce costs to the company, such as evaluating costs of purchasing from various suppliers to arrive at the best deal.
- Inspecting consignments to verify if they are in order and as per agreed terms.
- Interacting with suppliers in case of delay in delivery of supplies, receipt of damaged or incorrect quantity of goods.
- Accepts emergency room billings, reports, and other medical documents from non IHS health care facilities, submit to Director of Clinical Systems. Maintain denial files.
- Maintains Contract Health Service records and documentation.
- Attend training and staff meetings as required.
- Performs other duties assigned.
Medium work Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Stand or Sit (Stationary position)
Walk (Move, Traverse)
Climb (stairs/ladders) or balance (Ascend/Descend, Work atop, Traverse)
Talk/hear (Communicate, Detect, Converse with, Discern, Convey, Express oneself, Exchange information)
See (Detect, Determine, Perceive, Identify, Recognize, Judge, Observe, Inspect, Estimate, Assess)
Pushing or Pulling
Category III Normal routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluid or tissue and as part of their employment, incumbents are not called upon to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid
Equipment and Tools
List Equipment used for job: Computer and other office equipment
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- In depth knowledge of accounting and mathematics.
- Ability to work with computers and software such as Microsoft Excel, as well as data processing.
- Prior experience ordering supplies for a medical facility.
- Prior experience keeping records and creating reports regarding supply costs.
- Possess knowledge about medication and medical supplies.
- Must possess valid Alaska Driver's License and remain insurable under KIT insurance policy.
- Good negotiation and math skills.
- Good communication skills to deal with people internal to the company, as well as with suppliers, shipping agents, and courier companies.
- Exceptional organization skills
This Job Description reflects Kenaitze Indian Tribe's best effort to describe the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation. This is not intended to be a contract.
Kenaitze Indian Tribe - 7 months ago