Kyocera Industrial Ceramics Corporation has an immediate opening for a purchasing Buyer in our Hendersonville, NC facility:
Assist the nation-wide purchasing department with processing of procurement documents and communication with internal & external customers. Provide assistance as a liaison between Purchasing Staff, internal customers, production management, external suppliers and KICC management to achieve maximum value. Assist the Purchasing Manager and other buyers in any duties requested.
(Tasks listed are intended to be descriptive and not restrictive. An employee in this position may perform any of the tasks listed; however, these examples do not include all the tasks which an employee may be expected to perform)
- Negotiate and procure supplies, production materials, equipment and services to meet the need of the organization at the lowest cost consistent with the consideration of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need
- Evaluate vendor quotes and services
- Purchase both domestic and international
- Daily follow up with vendors on delivery and quality
- Manage subcontractors, generating shipping documents, sending raw material stock for processing
- Process requisitions and purchase orders received from multiple departments, as well as maintain Onbase and other data bases and records
- Interface with wide variety of internal customers throughout the company
- Comply with all applicable requirements of KICC Policy, KII Ringi Policy, SOX, ISO 9000 Quality Requirements, ISO 14000 Environmental Requirements, ITAR, US Customs, Governmental regulations and taxing bodies
- Resolve vendor invoicing issues with accounting department
- All other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 5+ years experience in the procurement function preferred, 2 years minimum in support of a manufacturing operation
- High School diploma required, 4 year degree preferred
- Ability to work effectively with other people, both externally and internally
- Proficient with MS Office and integrated operating system (SAP preferred), internet search skills
- Demonstrated success in previous procurement position(s) with an emphasis on attention to detail; cost reduction, operational efficiencies and negotiation
- Strong written and oral communication skills including business writing and email
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- Ability to speak verbally and hear. Vision required in the job includes close vision and reading a computer screen
Tools and Equipment:
Laptop computer, keyboard, monitor, fax/copy/scan machine; Computer software including MS Office Pro, Adobe, e-mail, internet, intranet, scanner, scale, calculator, SAP, OnBase, telephone and cell phone.
This position will not provide supervision to other employees and/or temporary staff. This position may direct or train temporary or full time employees. Operates under the direction of the KICC Purchasing Manager.
- Work is performed mostly in an office setting, occasionally in a warehouse or production floor environment. Some meetings and events may be off site; including other Kyocera locations
- Work is preformed Monday through Friday generally
- Position is considered exempt
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time, periodically bending, standing and twisting
- Occasional lifting not to exceed 70 lbs
- Keyboarding may require repetitive use of wrists, hands, and fingers
- Position requires frequently applying force to lift, carry, push, file, or open things
- Office setting requires partial mobility: to assemble papers, paper punch, staple, file, photocopy; scan, apply sufficient force to open and close file drawers
- Must be able to communicate by oral speech, writing and hearing in person and/or by phone in a businesslike, professional manner
- Ability to travel up to 5%
- The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
Kyocera Industrial Ceramics Corp. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kyocera Corporation. Our company is a leading manufacturer of high tech ceramic which is used in a variety of industries including aerospace, automotive, industrial applications, and semiconductor processing. We have an excellent benefit package which includes Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, pension and 401K with company match.
For more information, visit us at www.kyocera.com.
* We are not interested in consulting services and this position will be filled with a full time, regular employee. Please do not respond to this posting with recruitment services or consultancy offers.
Kyocera values diversity in its workforce and encourages minorities, women, and veterans to apply.
KICC IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER