Under the supervision of the General Manager, the employee will perform duties related to procurement and transportation of equipment and supplies in support of oil rig operations such as: purchasing, ordering, shipping and receiving.
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items
- Organize, generate, submit, maintain and file purchase orders for administrative and field staff.
- Receive invoices against purchase orders, and prepare for submission to accounting.
- Complete all new vendor set-ups, and create inventory numbers for newly established inventory items.
- Receive & log orders from field managers
- Track orders and shipments for timely delivery
- Prepare weekly mail bags for transportation to field
- Courier equipment, parts and supplies from various vendors to transport company for job site
- Assists with processing credit card expense reports
- May be able to assist in other projects as requested
- Coding of AP Invoices
- Assists with processing the AR invoices; copying, scanning, mailing and filing
- Maintains the DRFS verification residents totals report
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- Commitment to Excellence – Identifies what needs to be done and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations.
- Corporate Values- Understand, embraces, and integrates Doyon corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities.
- Customer Services – Identifies and responds to current and future client needs by providing excellent service to internal and external clients.
- Teamwork – Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization.
- Safety and Security – Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers.
- Attention to Detail- Ensures one's own and other's work and information are complete and accurate.
- Communication Skills- Listens, writes, and speaks effectively, and positively relates and interacts with co-workers and others.
- Dependability- Consistently adheres to operational standards, ensures smooth operations and positive customer experiences, builds a productive workplace, is reliable, and improves team morale.
- Independence- Works with minimal supervision.
- Planning and Organizing- Systematically develops plans, prioritizes, organizes and manages resources in order to accomplish business goals within a specific time period.
- Adaptability- Adapts to changing conditions and work assignments, sets priorities and manages multiple assignments, and tasks.
- Problem Solving- Anticipates and identifies problems, distinguishes between symptoms and causes, and determines alternative solutions involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity and risk.
- Time Management- Manages time effectively when accomplishing tasks, projects, and goals.
- Willingness to Learn- Willing to learn new skills or techniques to meet the demanding changes of job duties and responsibilities.
- Administrative Skills- Performs a variety of responsible and confidential office, clerical and professional administrative duties.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing less than forty pounds.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Associates Degree preferred
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of purchasing policies, processes and procedures
- Knowledge of inventory control policies and procedures
- Two years prior accounting experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in oilfield procurement
- Proficient in MS Office including; Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledgeable of computerized and manual accounting systems
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities and abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing less than forty pounds. [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Preference will be given to Doyon shareholders and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003-2(i).
Doyon Government Group
- 2 years ago - save job