Scope of Responsibilities
Responsible for the administration of the Materials function. Supports the Buyers and Senior Buyers with the necessary clerical duties to insure timely and efficient paperwork processing.
Performs basic functions with vendors including follow-up, expediting and P.O. placement.
- Purchase Order Entry issued by Buyer and Senior Buyer.
- Calculate and publish departmental performance metrics.
- Maintains files for the acknowledged promise dates and notifies buyers of potential issues.
- Expedites supplier deliveries to support master production schedule and customer requirements.
- Maintains supplier promise dates in Oracle.
- Work with suppliers and internal customers to eliminate paperwork errors.
- Resolve invoice disputes.
- Monitor supplier lead-times and maintain them in Oracle.
- Direct management of a limited number of suppliers in junior buyer role.
- Supplier on-time delivery and lead-times.
- Timely and accurate data processing.
- Scheduled date on-time delivery to master production schedule / customer
Note: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree or High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of two years related experience. ERP transactional experience strongly recommended, Oracle experience preferred. Proficiency with spreadsheet development and data analysis. Strong communication skills.
Reporting Structure for this Position
The incumbent reports to the Senior Buyer. Promotion out of this position would typically be to a Buyer.
Flowserve - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Flowserve is pumped about flow control equipment. After reorganizing in 2010 the company operates through two segments. Flow Control...