The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for all purchasing activities relating to manufacturing, inventory control, contract and consultant support, facility supplies, Service operations, etc. The position is responsible for the administrative responsibilities associated with the Supplier Approval process, maintaining Purchasing Files, and the Vendor Approval list. The position requires interaction with all areas of the business in order to comply with ISO 13485 and FDA guidelines for compliance.
• Administer the Supplier Approval process and associated documentation for vendors
• Issue POs utilizing proper authority to support the business
• Maintain Purchasing Files and associated documents in order to meet ISO and FDA compliance
• Issue work orders in support of Service Operations
• Maintain Service records for FDA compliance and trending purposes
• Provide customer service support as necessary to support operations
• Assist with inventory control and physical inventories as necessary
• Assist with various manufacturing activities as necessary
• Support R & D with development projects
• Work closely with Quality Dept personnel in order to ensure regulatory compliance
A Purchasing coordinator should have a High School diploma or equivalent with 3+ years experience as a purchasing clerk, coordinator, customer service representative, or similar experience. Knowledge and experience in an ISO environment is necessary with FDA background a plus. Computer skills in various Microsoft office products is required. Purchasing coordinator needs to have the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, with the ability to follow detailed instructions. This position must function well in a team environment.
Purchasing Coordinator needs to be versatile and willing to adapt to changes in procedures for system improvement. The position must be willing to perform duties outside of the purchasing role to assist other departments as necessary. Excellent organizations skills with good attention to detail is required. A thorough understanding of the company’s policies, Quality System and documentation requirements must be reflected in a Purchasing Coordinator’s work habits in order to meet the requirements for ISO 13485 and FDA regulations.