Purchasing Coordinator (Job Number: 011641) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Provides coordination support for the planning, strategy and systemization of purchasing operations. Communicates with facilities personnel, other Company departments, and outside representatives to resolve issues and discrepancies regarding reports, shipping, scheduling, and any other problems or questions that arise. Expedites and tracks purchase orders status to ensure proper shipping, scheduling, and receipt of orders to facilities. Follows through with the appropriate departments to ensure adequate inventory levels and cost savings to the company.
- Performs general administrative tasks, to include, but not limited to: sorting and routing mail, printing and running reports, organizing supply drawers, organizing and creating systems for office files, document preparation (for example: scanning, organizing, printing, copying), sending out items to be imaged, maintaining and answering questions regarding management schedules, and greeting visitors.
- Responds to questions from new and existing vendors, stores, customers, and other department personnel regarding error corrections, category items and inventory, meetings, ad requests, resets/revisions and other related questions.
- Provides department support on various projects and related tasks, to include, creating PowerPoint slides, formatting and creating Excel files, responding to legal contract review requests, tracking ad type/items over multiple ad dates, conducting comparison shops, tracking hot inventory, setting planograms, reviewing printed and set planograms for accuracy.
- Assumes responsibilities for other Purchasing Coordinators (PCs) within the department when unavailable.
- Creates, enters and updates purchasing related information (for example: seals, call-ins, P.O.’s, DLs, ASTDs, re-class requests, etc.) using various systems (for example: Decision Web, ADR7, Walnet, AIS On-line, etc.).
- Reviews and researches information contained in purchasing related reports (for example:
overlapping deals, scan verification, discontinued DC inventory, divisional ad bulletins, 1506 claims, cost changes, aged and unapproved deals, GP Summary, customer complaints, SDD item vendor conflict report, etc.) to verify information, find errors, and make recommendations on inventory and money disbursement.
- Maintains processes on items, deals, reset/revision, spreadsheets, vendor information, requests, filing, artwork, ad planning, and new items.
- Trains new PCs on job functions, as needed.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 1 year of experience in an administrative support role
- Experience utilizing principles and processes for providing customer and personal services, such as customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling)
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in marketing and/or purchasing
Walgreens - 15 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...