This position will support the Vice President of Purchasing & Product Development with evaluating product procurement and distribution.
- Purchases smoothie goods by preparing request for quotations and submitting purchase orders with approved suppliers. Issues purchase orders and agreements that accurately reflect price, schedule, terms, and conditions as negotiated with suppliers. Maintains accurate lead times for assigned commodities.
- Conduct RFP process for securing goods.
Develops alternate sources of supply by identifying and researching prospective suppliers.
- Monitors and evaluates supplier performance. Advises appropriate personnel of impending supplier failure to fulfill contractual agreements that may delay production or delivery.
- Resolves shipment quality discrepancies by mediating supplier/manufacturing issues. Facilitates the resolution of issues by arranging and participating in conferences between suppliers and company personnel.
- Negotiates and settles damage claims, rejections, losses, return of materials, over-shipments, cancelations and changes with suppliers.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities and provides suggestions for cost reduction and improved efficiency
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related field and at least 1 year of applicable experience. In lieu of formal education, at least 2 years of related experience.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of purchasing concepts, practices, procedures and regulations.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Experienced in supply chain concepts and methodologies within the restaurant business.
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Strong presence, in person and via phone communication
- Engaging interpersonal skills that enhance solid presentation skills Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, smart phones, webinars, social media, and web related resources
- Strong ability to work in changing environments, see through complexity and strategically promote an inclusive/diverse workforce.
- Proven ability to effectively work in a matrix environment and communicate with and influence all levels of the organization to drive change.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a demanding, high performance work environment and team oriented culture.
Multi-unit restaurant experience
Indeed - 2 years ago
Smoothie King is a privately held; New Orleans-area-based Franchise Company and the premier Smoothie Bar and Nutritional Lifestyle Center in...