Responsible for all procurement activity related to non-production related purchases globally for Victor Technologies.
- Set company strategy for all non-production spend including facility leases, office supplies, utilities, capital equipment, travel, marketing literature and related areas.
- Gather data on all non-production spend and organize information appropriately.
- Provide support for plant and corporate activities alike on capital expenditures.
- Help the company achieve annual cost removal targets.
- Coordinate sourcing activities with other Victor Technologies global facilities.
- Consolidate supply base to meet current and future needs of all designated commodities.
- Negotiate all purchase contracts for all non-production materials across Victor Technologies.
- Operate cross-functionally to maximize cost and time savings.
- Travel internationally.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Executive presentational skills
- Proven cost savings skills; day to day buying responsibilities
- Solid skill set in Excel, Access Word & PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to interface and communicate cross-functionally with multiple levels of leadership and operations.
- Bachelors Degree – Business Management
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) desirable
- 5 years experience in Strategic Sourcing or equivalent knowledge and experience
- International Sourcing is preferred
- Extensive experience in negotiating contracts
- Strong knowledge and experience dealing with non-production materials
- Demonstrated ability in Continuous Improvement and lean principles.
Victor Technologies - 21 months ago
Headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, USA, Victor Technologies is a global manufacturer dedicated to developing innovative solutions for...