The Strategic Business Services Department of AMLI Residential is looking for one very smart candidate with great communication skills to be our next Purchasing Manager. In this role you walk the line between technology and business, and have an opportunity to create significant value along the way. You will be expected to negotiate contracts with National vendors and retail chains. You will be responsible for our own e-procurement software connecting our communities with over 100 vendor partners via $14 Million in annual spend. Sounds exciting? Then keep reading.
As the Purchasing Manager you will be accountable for the following:
- Analyze operational spending. Recommend operating goals and strategies to control expenses and achieve owner-operating objectives.
- Consolidate spending and vendor usage across business units and functions
- Vendor evaluation, selection and maintain ongoing business relationships
- Negotiate contract terms and pricing
- Manage and enhance electronic catalog and purchasing system
- Analyze monthly statements and variances for each property and report those variances as required.
- Facilitate training to all end users
Certified Purchasing Manager designation with 3-7 years of experience in business positions involving responsibilities for purchasing, negotiating contracts, managing vendor relationships and the use and implementation of software tools or a BA/BS degree in engineering with experience in negotiation, sales, project management, construction, and customer service.
AMLI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages personal and professional growth. We offer competitive salary, incentive and benefit programs. This opportunity is located in our Corporate office in downtown Chicago, close to all public transportation.
AMLI Residential - 14 months ago
AMLI is one of the preeminent multifamily companies in the nation. The company is focused on the development,...