A’viands Food & Services Management is currently hiring for an experienced Purchasing Manager to be based at the A’viands, LLC Corporate office in St. Paul, Minnesota. As Purchasing Manager you will provide prompt and professional support to each of our segment’s needs (Healthcare, Corrections and Education & Business Dining) while developing systems, programs, and procedures that ensure the best value for the company. You will also work alongside the Director of Purchasing to obtain all goods and services necessary at pricing and quality that meets or exceeds expectations and is consistent with the mission of the company.
- Provide a high level of purchasing support to the field by resolving problems and answering questions, which may involve communicating with various vendors.
- Assist in opening of new accounts by helping to determine appropriate vendors, process credit applications, arrange for necessary equipment, coordinate online order training by supplier, and coordinate first deliveries. In some cases, be on site to oversee.
- Identify, track, and audit, all vendor programs for accuracy.
- Analyze and evaluate vendor proposals to determine value to the company. Implement programs that are awarded and follow through to completion at the facility level.
- Participate in meetings, trainings, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job function.
- Perform a wide variety of spreadsheet and analytical assignments which are used to negotiate with vendors, determine areas of cost savings, and measure adherence to our program at the facility level.
- Participate in the proposal process by working with the operations team to identify potential suppliers.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Hospitality Management, or Supply Chain Management is preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and able to be productive with little direction from others.
- Ability to work with a team to support organizational objectives.
- Ability to relate well to individuals and groups with varying backgrounds, perspectives, education, and skills.
- Must be able to serve as a solution provider, problem solver and a consultant to the field.
- Expert skills in Microsoft Office suite; Access preferred, but not required.
- Exposure to the foodservice industry is preferred
- Ability to build and maintain solid relationships with suppliers.
- Must be able to travel occasionally and work flexible hours and days as needed.
A'viands is based in Roseville, Minnesota and provides services to senior living facilities, nursing homes, correctional facilities, colleges and universities, school districts and business dining facilities in the Midwest and Southwest. We offer a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K. If you have the passion to grow with a dynamic organization, we encourage you to apply now!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Minorities/Women/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Employer
Aviands Food & Services Management - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard -