Job Title: Purchasing Manager
Reports To : Director of Corporate Purchasing
Responsibility for the day to day procurement operations. This includes overseeing the purchasing agents
and the coordination of the projects with the logistics manager. Divisional support on the major equipment
purchases. Review of estimates prior to bid time to determine material savings.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee the purchasing agents in the day to day material procurement for all divisions. This includes project reviews to evaluate any potential cost/quantity issues during the project. Ability to update management on project material savings/overruns
- Support project teams with the issuance of major equipment purchase orders and subcontracts
- Coordiation with logistics manager on the buy out and project logistics. Project turnover meetings with the assigned purchasing agent.
- Reviews estimates for all divisions prior to bid time to determine any cost savings.
- Participate in vendor meetings to discuss support and labor saving ideas for the material management of the projects.
- Develop and support vendor and manufacturer relationships
- Address service issues based on commitments to CEI/project
- Annual reviews of direct reports
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: Bachelors Degree preferred
Experience: 5 - 10 years electrical material experience.
Specific Skills: Independent decision making. Strong communication and organizational skills.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: Excel, Word.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: 7-10 people
Cupertino Electric, Inc. - 13 months ago