Digital River , founded in 1994, is a global leader in cloud commerce outsourcing that builds and manages online businesses for more than 40,000 software publishers, manufacturers, distributors, and online retailers. Its multi-channel commerce solution, which supports both direct and indirect sales, is designed to help companies of all sizes maximize online revenues as well as reduce the costs and risks of running a commerce operation. The comprehensive platform offers site development and hosting, order management, fraud prevention, export controls, tax management, physical and digital product fulfillment, multilingual customer service, advanced reporting and strategic marketing services.
We are a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: DRIV) headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with offices and more than 1400 employees located across the United States, Europe and the Asia Pacific.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining purchasing strategies in accordance with the global P&L strategies and driving execution to meet business objectives
- Leading contract negotiations, with legal as appropriate, to reduce price and obtain optimal contractual terms with vendors. Lead contract negotiations and proactively manage the overall sourcing for all commodities’ contracts and Request for Proposal (RFP) processes
- Review and document technical and business requirements, specifications and processes with line of business and information technology
- Study and evaluate various proposals made to DR by vendors and/or contractors and prepare cost and value analysis and make recommendations
- Work with a cross matrix team (comprised of functional, technical, legal, financial, and business area subject matter experts) to assess and develop business requirements, proposals, and RFX’s
- Provide strategic leadership in supplier relationship(s), financial analysis of vendor spend and recommendations to reduce ongoing expenses, resolving & escalating problems, as well as to provide vendor performance feedback
- Maintain the awareness of current market trends and conditions that affect suppliers, cost of goods, pricing and may have operational or strategic implications for the company.
- Ownership and accuracy of vendor database system, which includes maintaining vendor information for use by the organization
- Proactively monitor and process contract and maintenance renewals to ensure that best pricing is obtained and the company does not lapse in required maintenance support.
- Four-year Degree in Business Management or similar education
- Years of experience in lieu of education above (if applicable)
- 5- 7 years of experience with negotiating project pricing and legal agreements
- Strong writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to interact with executive leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Self-starter, resourceful, team builder and leader
- Supplier development
- Involvement with suppliers
- Experience with technology negotiations and/or SAP / SRM a plus
Digital River, Inc. offers a variety of perks such as an on-site fitness center, on-site full-service cafeteria, free on-site parking, casual dress every day, tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, domestic partner benefits, auto and homeowners discounts, on-site massage therapists and chiropractors, bring your dog to work day, pet insurance and all in a beautiful, Leed-certified, state-of-the-art building with scenic walking trails.
Standard benefits include a competitive benefits package to all regular, full-time employees, a 401(k) plan with an aggressive company match, employee stock purchase plan, medical-dental-vision and life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, a flexible spending/cafeteria plan, holiday and vacation days.
Digital River, Inc. supports and embraces a diverse workforce as an Equal Employment Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer.