Coordinates the procurement and distribution of materials, parts, equipment, and supplies for the organization by performing the following duties.
This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description.Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
- Verifies nomenclature and specifications of purchase requests.
- Searches inventory records or warehouse to determine if material on hand is in sufficient quantity.
- Consults catalogs and companies to obtain prices and specifications.
- Knowledge of product base.
- Works with interior customer to define specs on purchases.
- Completes purchase order and sends copy to supplier prior to product being delivered.
- Purchase orders are kept on file with bids and quotes.
- Compiles records of items purchased or transferred between departments, prices, deliveries, and inventories.
- Computes total cost of items purchased.
- Assists Receiving area with deliveries and finds the answers to their questions.As needed checks quality of products received to insure specs are met.
- Works with Receiving staff to maintain a safe, clean and secure work environment.
- Negotiatepricingandbulk purchases.
- Investigates late or incomplete deliveries and notifies area management.
- Compares prices, specifications, and delivery dates and makes contract recommendations to Director.
- Verifies bills from suppliers with bids and purchase orders prior to submission for payment.
- Supply reports on product usage.
This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Must have aHigh School Diploma or GED/equivalent.
- Candidate must have 3 years of purchasing experience preferably in the hospitality or casino industry.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have experience with Stratton Warren system required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Must be able to supervise five or more team members.
- Strong Food and Beverage background preferred, but not required.
Employees working the Casino or Bowling Center may be exposed to second-hand smoke and moderate levels of noise.
CasinoCareers.com - 8 months ago