- Salt Lake City, UT
With our strong investment in research and development, and culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of industrial fabrics and composite materials. Over 4,500 people work for Hexcel at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe……we call them our “ Strength Within "
Hexcel is currently seeking an Purchasing Manager to be located at their Salt Lake City site. The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for leading and coordinating all purchasing related activities at the Salt Lake City, Utah plant, and to a lesser extent at other plants when project work has been assigned, to deliver company purchasing objectives.
The selected individual will be responsible for the following efforts:
- To lead and be responsible for delivering Hexcel’s purchasing Quality, Cost and Delivery objectives.
- To manage the purchases of all external spend for SLC: materials, Capex, MRO and services.
- To support Global Commodity Teams or lead regionally in the development of robust Commodity Strategies leveraging global requirements. To ensure that the Purchasing function operates at the best possible cost with the appropriate level of quality and service.
- To represent Purchasing as part of the SLC plant Management Team and other cross functional teams as required.
- To continuously improve costs and terms of purchase. To lead, support or supervise supplier negotiations.
- To proactively introduce new products and sources of material in order to develop a competitive advantage on cost, quality and risk.
- To support the deployment of standard purchasing processes.
- To define and deploy a comprehensive Risk Management strategy for all SLC supplies.
- To manage supplier relationships to obtain maximum value for Hexcel’s future.
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, economics or business with 3-5 years relevant management experience
- Proven track record of successful experience in a similar challenging manufacturing environment.
- Direct and/or functional management experience managing others
- Technical background is a plus
- Result-oriented with strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership ability; Self-motivated
- Skilled negotiator, commercially astute with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a matrix organization
- Ability to build an effective team
- Problem solving skills
Eligible candidate must be: U.S. citizen, U.S. national, a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence, a temporary resident under sections 210(a) or 245(A) of the Act, a person admitted in refugee status, a person granted asylum. Hexcel is a NYSE listed international producer of composite materials, reinforcements and structures serving commercial aerospace, space & defense, and various industrial markets. The company is a leader in the production of honeycombs, prepegs and other fiber reinforced matrix systems, woven and specialty reinforcements, carbon fibers and aircraft structures. Hexcel materials are used in thousands of products, making everyday life easier and safer for millions of people around the world. The lightweight, tailorable nature of our materials has helped transform numerous industries over the past 60 years by making products lighter, stronger and faster. We are the strength within many of today’s lightweight, high-performance products.
Hexcel Corporation - 21 months ago
Hexcel Corporation (Hexcel) is an advanced composites company. Hexcel develops, manufactures and markets lightweight, high-performance...